Clove Oil Uses:
Clove Oil for Toothache:
Clove oil is perhaps best known as a traditional first aid remedy for toothache. It contains eugenol which is a natural pain killer and antibacterial.
- One drop on a cotton bud applied directly to the tooth (avoiding the gum area) is sufficient. Use with caution.
- Not recommend this for children under the age of two.
Clove Oil for Mould:
Clove Oil is commonly used for cleaning mould. It inhibits mould by attacking and killing the spores.
Things you'll need.
- Cleaning solution (for a simple, natural cleaner we recommend bicarbonate soda and vinegar)
- Aroma Fizz 100% Clove Oil
- Plastic sprayer (available for a couple of dollars from hardware stores)
- The surface should be cleaned with a solution of vinegar and bicarbonate soda. (4 litres of hot water, 1 table spoon sodium bicarbonate plus half a cup of vinegar).
- Prepare a solution by mixing 1/4 teaspoon of Aroma Fizz clove oil with 1 litre of water.
- Spray solution of clove oil sprayed onto the area.
Clove Oil in Aromatherapy:
Clove oil has a grounding and uplifting scent. It can be used for strengthening and calming the nervous system and may help to improve depression and fatigue by stimulating the mind and senses. It is also well known as an aphrodisiac and can help to relieve mental stress.
Clove oil blends well with Lavender, Lemon, Orange, & Peppermint.
- Use in an Aroma Fizz Clove Oil in vaporizer either singly or you can experiment with a combination of oils.
- A few drops of essential oil can be used to fragrance massage oil or added to bases for cosmetic applications.
Clove Oil is commonly used to anesthetize fish.
Clove Oil Safety:
- Clove oil should not be used directly on the skin as it can irritate sensitive mucous membranes and certainly not on broken skin. If necessary an extremely weak dilution of less than 1% may be used.
- Clove oil should not be used by anyone taking anti-coagulant (blood thinners) medication.
- Do not use during pregnancy unless under the guidance of a health care professional.
- Essential oils should not be taken orally.
- It is recommended that you keep clove oil away from children. Our clove oil ships with child proof caps.
Storing Clove Oil:
All essential oils should be well sealed, stored out of direct sunlight and away from heat.